Saturday, November 13, 2010

Megillat Esther Part 1

Well, here we are again. Time to talk about what we have read again.  To reiterate what has probably been said before.  Here we go again.

Megillat Esther is by far the best comic version of a story from the Bible that I have ever read in my life.  Granted, there are not many that I have read in my life, but this is still the best that there is.  The story, that I have read so far, is not one that I am familiar with in the Bible. (I am still surprised that there is no mention of God at all.)  It is still a very good story with insight to a fake event.  It does give insight also to the Jewish holiday of Purim which I never knew existed.  It seems like a very important and fun holiday in the Jewish world.  Costumes are always fun to wear no matter where you go.

Besides the story, the art was also very impressive too.  It is the most detailed art out of all the graphic novels that we have read so far.  While reading this, the art style reminded me of an anime that I had watched.  It contained the same contrasting shadows throughout it.  Here is a link to the clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i6cajQhAok&feature=related

While reading this though, I still got very confused as to the interludes in the story.  They seemed to have no place in the story.  If they did,  i did not see them at all.  If I could get some explination, it would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment